Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started my car up for the frst time in about 3 months the other day...after a full rebuild...

and i had an insane leak from the TB to the intake manifold...now i know the gasket is there butim not sure if its backwards or if the gasket in the gasket set just doesnt work or what....

anyone have any experience with this issue? the gasket used lok like a circle with two ears...and one of the ears was like chopped off at the top.... i have another gasket for the TB that is a circle with two ears both pointy....

kinda hard to explain i know...but neways pictures comments anything woudl be helpful to me before i go and start playing with it....

thanks guys!

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
a brand new gasket from toyota is like $5...itd prob be worth the money just to replace it entirely with a brand new one

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
hey jayson i had a leak there too i just fixed it to. Mine was flipped in backwards and also i stripped on the of the bolts and broke it inside of the tb. so maybe its one of those to good luck

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
i had a similar problem although w/ a 7mge. The gasket from the throttle to the y-pipe was not aligned correctly and it caused a huge vacuum leak. Just take it off and check it, if its really thin or busted then replace it. :bigthumb: Hope it works out

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Those gaskets just barely cover that opening. I bought a sheet of gasket material and made a gasket that covers the complete throttle body surface. Take a small hammer and lightly tap the material around the shape, then cut it out with a razor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts