Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some places can bore yours a little larger, and there is a pretty rare throttle body from a "type-a" Supra.

Apart from that, no plug and play units are available.

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
I bored out my tb to 2.44 inches, and had to have a new butterfly valve custom made. It gave me approximately a 3% increase in the diameter of the TB, and more closely matched the diameter of the TB with a set of 2.5 intercooler pipes.

The butterfly is where you will incurr most of your cost. It has 10 degree angles on the ends, and is made of brass. This piece cost me 80 bucks to have made.

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
Shawndude said:
and there is a pretty rare throttle body from a "type-a" Supra.
One of these is coming into the US as we speak (for who I won't say yet...) When it arrives though I'm sure he'll get some comparison pics up b/w Turbo-A and Stock. (should be by the end of Dec)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If any of you guys need butterflys, I can water jet or laser cut them out of .08" aluminum. Cover my shipping and the cost of the metal.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
51Cards said:
One of these is coming into the US as we speak (for who I won't say yet...) When it arrives though I'm sure he'll get some comparison pics up b/w Turbo-A and Stock. (should be by the end of Dec)
he he. i wonder who that is?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts