Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im upgrading my intake to a ffi. So I was wondering what throttle body to use? I wanted to go q45 but some say its too big. Is this a problem? My setup is going to be ffi 550's npr intercooler gt37 turbo 3in exaust greddy emanage and a maft. Do I have enough mods and power to warrent this tb? Any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
q54 for that little a turbo? If going with FFi. Go with a stang 5.0 87-93 tb. Available from 65mm all the way to a massive 105mm. Only issue with the q45 tb is it comes in ONE size and that is it. Once you go that way. You would need to cut the tb plate off and put ANOTHER ONE in if you want to upgrade or DOWNGRADE ;) Also keep in mind the modding of the Throttle position sensor regardless of TB if it is not OEM TB... :)

with that stang TB. All you need is one plate and you get lots of different sizes :)

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
i just went with a stock jdm throttle body to keep it nice and simple

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
K.I.S.S

Keep It Simple Stupid applies here ;)

·
Boost Addict
622 Posts
jjh said:
ok im upgrading my intake to a ffi. So I was wondering what throttle body to use? I wanted to go q45 but some say its too big. Is this a problem? My setup is going to be ffi 550's npr intercooler gt37 turbo 3in exaust greddy emanage and a maft. Do I have enough mods and power to warrent this tb? Any help would be great thanks.

I'm going to use the 1uz tb on mine, the tps is the same as ours, and it's not as big as the q45.

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
damn and i was going to use the q45 on my FFI... lol Time to start shopping, I've never heard of it being to big though? Isn't one of the points in using a FFI to get more air moving?

·
Registered
507 Posts
i have the 1UZ TB on my FFI, i think its the best choice for moderate power...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what throttle body out of the 1uz by that i mean year the uz came in the is400 and sc400 correct

·
Boost Addict
622 Posts
jjh said:
what throttle body out of the 1uz by that i mean year the uz came in the is400 and sc400 correct
I think it also came in some of the LS models, not sure of years. Any 1uz tb should be the same, but check on Lextreme.com, you should be able to find out more info.

BTW, the 1uz tb is 70mm, iirc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts