Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to start off, i have a JDM engine with manual transmission. my throttle cable was chewed up pretty bad so I just got a new one from a member on here. i just went to put it in and its not long enough. when i attach the end of the cable into the little hole the plate is open quite a bit (so much that when i started my car up it revved really high). any ideas? please help as soooon as possible. I need to fix this before tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i did. I have them pushed all the way over for the most amount of room possible but it still doesnt fit. i'm pretty sure its a jdm throttle body and i have a usdm cable. will this work out or is there any way to make it work?

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
Dark006 said:
to start off, i have a JDM engine with manual transmission. my throttle cable was chewed up pretty bad so I just got a new one from a member on here. i just went to put it in and its not long enough. when i attach the end of the cable into the little hole the plate is open quite a bit (so much that when i started my car up it revved really high). any ideas? please help as soooon as possible. I need to fix this before tomorrow morning.

Are you still using the jdm throttle cable bracketry? Remeber the jdm engines throttle is completely cable driven, as where the usdm engine have the push rod assembly.

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Oh, and the N/A and Turbo engines use different length throttle cables.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
yea, i'm still using the jdm brackets. christo, my car use to be a usdm n/a and was converted to a jdm turbo. so is the n/a cable longer and would that work for my setut???

i just read something about using a 4 runner cable and that would fit the best????

·
Where's my turbo?
242 Posts
Dark006 said:
yea, i'm still using the jdm brackets. christo, my car use to be a usdm n/a and was converted to a jdm turbo. so is the n/a cable longer and would that work for my setut???

i just read something about using a 4 runner cable and that would fit the best????
When I swapped my engine out, I had the same exact issue. I have a JDM engine too and the throttle linkage/pulley from my USDM had to be used. This solved my problem right away.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
djsupra7 said:
When I swapped my engine out, I had the same exact issue. I have a JDM engine too and the throttle linkage/pulley from my USDM had to be used. This solved my problem right away.
So what had to be swaped out? Just the cable and brackets?? Or the tb too?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
chriso said:
Oh, and the N/A and Turbo engines use different length throttle cables.
na is longer and works.. my friend is using the na on his NA->gte swap...

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
i'm using the USDM N/A throttle cable with my JDM throttlebody. no issues here. ;) see my replies on SM.

-shaeff

·
Where's my turbo?
242 Posts
I swapped out the brackets and the throttle body and the cable fits like a charm. I left the JDM intake mani on, though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts