Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering who can tell me the complete function of this box.
I would like to get a grasp on everything this box does/controls.
Got my car back from a shop not too long ago and for whatever reason the two connectors on the bottom of this unit were pulled?? Was my car at risk driving that way? Above the word toyota on sticker it says "Throttle Control" in bold.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
while im like you and dont know what the box does really, im pretty sure youre fine driving that way, as the most it could do (id guess) is not let you have tcs (which doesnt help us anyways). personally id pull the whole trac system and go with race logic.

other than that, no clue, ill keep checking back because now you have me curious too.

B

·
0 Posts
thats the trac ecu.

my car doesnt even have it anymore. no big deal.

i removed trac butterfly, acutator, pump, ecu and button. oh, i forgot to add the lable on the tb... lol

it probably was disconnected so your trac wouldnt come on, dont worry about it not being connected unless you like the stock trac system.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thing is.... I already pulled a smaller box that sat just off to the right a little from this one here in question. The smaller box I pulled said Traction control right on it. So I thought I had already pulled the traction control ECU? This one here only says Throttle Control? Sounds like a separate thingy to me. Unless they both play a part in traction control?? What worried me was not knowing exactly what all this does, and wondering if having the connects pulled could cause an over rev situation or a rough idle since it is called throttle control?
ps... my trac butterfly is also long gone.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone got the 411 on this unit?
is it strictly linked to the traction control
or is it "throttle control" full time ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts