Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here it is,

i have had 3 diff names on here and 2 diff supra mk3 btw so by no means am i an noob dispite the lack of posts on this name so please no flaming now that that is out of the way. (thanks) it seems to me everyone for the most part looks for the biggest number... i dont realy care about that i have a lot of experience with turbos and supras of diff era's but no experience withthe 1jz. i am going to buy another supra targa 5speed turbo soon and i will swap out the motor for 1jz very shortly after but what i really want to know is if any one has focused on responce with the 1jz (did a few searches come up with nothing) the biggest power isnt important to me but spool and responce is while the motor is out of the car what tricks have you guys found to be helpfull in making the 1j spool up quick without a major boost spike this i do not want. i am thinking i may take the time to port and polish the head (the last one i did took for ever what a paint in the ass) raise compression and keep a low boost. any other suggestions??? this car will be a daily driver of course cause i miss my other supras so much the fuel sipping sentra does 32mph in town but its just no supra

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cams are an option but not one i realy want to go with unless i get a hell of a deal to expensive for the minimal gain but it may be an option if someone can verify the actual gains from this in relation to what i am looking for.

·
Sawblades Rock!!!
194 Posts
jeffery_waller said:
expensive for the minimal gain but it may be an option if someone can verify the actual gains from this in relation to what i am looking for.
You'll see greater gains from cams if you plan on going stand alone past 350hp. I'm SURE cams could give you a good honest 30-40 WHP on a stock set-up.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
jawsgear on ebay has al ds's for 400.. steels for 300... iirc stock is like 35lbs the steel is 17lbs and al is 12lbs

·
always watching
362 Posts
cams would definatley be worth the money down the road if you ever decided to up the boost or go single. I've heard of people who didn't change anything but cams on a single setup and gaining almost 100hp. yeah I would just have a shop make you a driveshaft, and fidenza I believe is coming out with/ or has come out with a aluminum flywheel. and the fidenza's are nice cuz they are rebuildable

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Demonic said:
Tissimo, I need to give you a number to a show here local in Orlando ... he makes custom al ds's for 350 ...
cool pm me the number.. eventually I'll get a DS.. my carrier bearing hasn't died yet so havn't looked into it much... haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts