Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well just the wheel gap, its driving me insane. I looked at a bunch of coilovers, and they all seem to lower the car by only 1.5 inches or so in the rear.

When I first lowered it about two months ago:

The front has settled perfect, but the rear still has a wheel gap (full tank of gas in pic):

So my question is; what coilovers have the biggest range of adjustment height wise? I plan on running 17's when I get my new wheels, and I really don't want to spend 1500 on coilovers, only to still have a wheel gap in the rear. I would be irked more then I am now:rant:

My vision of my supra is slammed, tinted out and making lots of turbo noises and a general racket that gives the impression that I don't play games. I feel like a three legged cow with a wheel gap though:

The only suspension (spring wise) that I found that will lower my car more then it is now are intrax:

However I want the wheel arch to be on top of the wheel, not the wheel in the fender like the Honda guys so I am stuck. Height is a big issue for me, well a peeve I guess.

· Boost Creep
5,052 Posts
Damn, front is slammed in that last pic.

I would reccomend Megan's or the Hipermaxx 3's, I'm hearing good stuff about the k sports. Also there is a thread in the exterior section about coilovers you may want to check out .

· Registered
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, I think you want a lowrider!...not a supra. ;)
I want to pull up next to a vette and not feel like I am sitting in a 4x4. I owned 8 mk2 MR2's so I am used to its ride height.

Damn, front is slammed in that last pic.

I would reccomend Megan's or the Hipermaxx 3's, I'm hearing good stuff about the k sports. Also there is a thread in the exterior section about coilovers you may want to check out .
I have seen pretty good reviews on the ones listed above, but I am more concerned about the wheel gap. Everytime I take my car out, or clean it, I then look it over, and I am always sticking my finger in the rear fender seeing if it has settled anymore.

· Registered
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is my old car, I had to wiggle my finger (front) in the gap. This is what I am looking for:blah:

· Registered
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you want a GTR, yet you don't want to spend 1500 on coilovers?
I don't want to spend 1500 on coilovers and then find out that they wont give me the desired look. I can say that I don't like how hight the GTR sits. The Roof is soo high:confused:, so I have yet to make up my mind on it.

· Super Moderator
14,067 Posts
You will never get that kind of fitment using a lowering spring.

Coilovers are the way to go - for a high bang-to-buck ratio the Megans are great but I'd prefer the HKS Hypermax III's or the Tein Flex for a street application.

· Registered
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You will never get that kind of fitment using a lowering spring.

Coilovers are the way to go - for a high bang-to-buck ratio the Megans are great but I'd prefer the HKS Hypermax III's or the Tein Flex for a street application.

That I understand, however most coilovers list the height adjustment at -+ 1.5 inches. I am worried that I will still have a wheel gap in the rear, and I will be in the same predicament that I am now.

I have wanted a MKIV for years, so all that time I have had this picture in my head of how I want my car to look.

· Ex-hardtopper
2,422 Posts
I know you want coilovers...but just for an FYI, I have the Tein S springs and KYB adjustables and here is how my car sits on 18's. (1-2 fingers up front, 2 fingers out back)

· Registered
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Tein Flex coilovers then. Is this more what you're looking for? (dre99gsx car)
Thanks thats exactly the look I am looking for, but I am going to run 17 inch wheels, so I am kinda worried that the coilovers wont make up for the smaller rim size. What I need is a coilover that has a large range of adjustment, due to a small tube I guess. Though I will go take a look at these Flex ones.

· Ex-hardtopper
2,422 Posts
Thanks thats exactly the look I am looking for, but I am going to run 17 inch wheels, so I am kinda worried that the coilovers wont make up for the smaller rim size. What I need is a coilover that has a large range of adjustment, due to a small tube I guess. Though I will go take a look at these Flex ones.
PM Dre and ask . I'm sure he'll have no problem giving you specs on how wide the range is.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.