Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
6M-GTE
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so the problem just started today, I noticed a lound kinda ticking noise coming from the car, wasn't sure where it was coming from, so when I got into my driveway I stopped to check things out, and I realized that the noise only happens when I push the clutch in. sounds like its coming from down low, so I asked somebody and they said it might be the throwout bearing, is this probably correct? any other ideas?
its a 7m-ge with a w58 transmission, stock clutch.

S

·
0 Posts
CanuckDave said:
ok so the problem just started today, I noticed a lound kinda ticking noise coming from the car, wasn't sure where it was coming from, so when I got into my driveway I stopped to check things out, and I realized that the noise only happens when I push the clutch in. sounds like its coming from down low, so I asked somebody and they said it might be the throwout bearing, is this probably correct? any other ideas?
its a 7m-ge with a w58 transmission, stock clutch.
More than likely, yes. Sounds like the same scenario that my turbo trans. had after replacing the clutch and throwout bearing...go figure, a new bearing that was fubard.....

S

·
0 Posts
CanuckDave said:
how difficult is something like this to fix?
Have to remove the tranny to get to it. Thats the most dificult part.....Besides that its easy...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts