Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
let me know what you guys think, i believe my thrust washers are destroyed....... i was driving my car and i get back home park in the driveway and i let it idle for about a minute and a half or so and all of a sudden i here this somewhat loud clunkingish<---(new word) sound, i immediately shut it down. it sounded like the same noise that i've had before when the flywheel bolts came lose, so i start to play in the clutch area. my neighbor and i were down there for at least an hour just trying to see some movement, we see nothing. so i get a pry bar and push against the clutch moving it towards the engine then we hear a sound again, so we keep pushing the clutch then prying a few times, it keeps making the sound, then out of no where he says i think it came from the oil pan. right when he said that it hit me, i move to the front of the engine and pry a little on the dampener it moves ever so unnoticeable then i put my finger in the gap(between the end of the dampener and the aluminum cover) and my buddy pushes the clutch........ yep it moves you can hear it, feel it, and see it. it has about 1/16th movement front to back..

what do you think?
no metal in the oil.....YET, but i have not cut open the filter either so who really knows.

thanks

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pictures of the good times......had to lift the engine but the garage wouldn't shut with the cherry picker still holding the motor so i had to get a little ******* with it, hahahahaha

dropped the sub frame to make clearance for the oil pan

taken all apart

well its back together now and runs amazing and has no noise:agreed:
thrust washers definitely shot i had a 1/16.... spec is 0.0020 movement.........

· 7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,360 Posts
You're really lucky, good diagnosis there. Unfortunately I didn't get any warning sounds with mine, just one day discovered it.

This is what happens when you let a noob build your engine (Thinking at the time at he knows what he's doing)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.