Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using TIAL? I'm looking to replace my HKS Racing BOV (type I, NOT II) and am not sure what to go with at this point in time. I'm running at T66 single right now. Thanks for any info.

·
Supra Huntin
39 Posts
just use two HKS SS BOV's!!!! HKS SS sounds sweet!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Howdy -

I'm running a Tial BOV - I was running a single HKS SSBOV, and was getting some "back surge" - I was going to just add a second, but just one Tial is plenty. Excellent construction. very cool sound - supposed to be very solid, leak-proof, etc. (I heard someone say "race grade").

I actually still have my HKS on a lower pipe! Didn't have a chance to get a new pipe fabbed to remove it - hahahah, you should hear my car at WOT, with the back-to-back HKS->Tial blow off sounds. I'm sure I'll eventually pull the HKS, so I may have one for sale in the very near future.

I'll take a photo if you're interested in how it looks - if you're not overly concerned with cost, it's supposed to be the best there is!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called HKS and they said the one I have isn't technically a BOV but actually a release valve or something. He claimed that for the single application I should be using their Racing BOV Type II. I will still have to weld a new flange on for it so I just might use the TIAL. Can you email me ([email protected]) the pictures when you get time? I'm running off to the dyno right now. Thanks in advance!

S

·
0 Posts
air pressure release bypass valve? i think
anyways, ive heard Tial makes the best BOV, but I've never seen one. I would get one just because they are unique.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Howdy Folks -

Below are a couple of snaps of the Tial BOV - I'll try sometime to capture some audio, but it sounds really "swhooshy", kind of low and airy. Very different from most of the other BOV's I've heard.

Seeya -

DT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts