Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I have no friggin' clue as to this Tial External wastegate hook up. Do I weld a flange to the manifold, hook it u there, then run another pipe from the outlet of the WG down to the DP? I have seen some WG that are located where the charcoal canister is....why are they way over there? how does this affect performance? Trev87supraturbo

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
What kinda turbo application are you doing this on? The Wastegate will go after manifold(Except for an aftermarket manifold.) and before turbo. If you want it to be quite under boost then the dump tube will have to be rerouted back to the downpipe, but if you like it loud and I mean loud then just get a dump tube that would let exhaust gases out to the atmospere below car.

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a 62-1, .74 a/r, p-trim----it will bolt to the stock manifold. I want it quite, so i will dump it back into the DP. what kind of wekding is required since the Ex. Man is cast iron? will the Tial flange weld to this? do I weld it as close to the cener of the Ex. man. as possible?

Trev87supraturbo

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Yea right after the exhaust housing flange that bolts to manifold have a machine shop cutout a hole and cut you a flange to mate your WG to it. Get it welded then good to go.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Best way to weld cast iron is to heat the piece to 500 degrees and then stick or arc weld it a stainless rod either 309 or 316.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts