Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed to a Tial 46mm WG on my new set up and have had problems getting the base boost to equal that of the springs used. For example, I started with a Big red and small red which is a base of 14psi (10psi for the Big Red and 4psi for the small red) and the base boost is 28psi. Then I went to a single Big Red spring which gave me a base boost of 18psi but boost creeps to 20-21psi. The best spring i've found was a single small blue which is a 7psi spring which netted me a 14-16psi base. With 60% on the Boost controller I was able to hit 26-27psi.

Have any of you guys run into this problem and what springs are you using to get your base boost. I'm looking for a spring with a base boost of 18-20psi that will hold 34-36psi. Thanks

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
Chad, I don't recall which manifold you're using but if the wastegate tube isn't well placed and you have very little back pressure (4" downpipe/exhaust) you won't be able to control boost accurately. I recall you were having problems during the dyno but I can't recall if you resolved them prior to this wastegate change.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
legend4life said:
Did you sort this problem out? What was the solution?
Yes and NO. A 14psi base gives me 26 or so psi... I only run the car on race gas so it's not that big of a deal but not sure why the base is off that much?...

·
Registered
61 Posts
IMO sounds like the wastegate is doing a really crappy job. What kind of manifold are you using and how is the placement of the wastegate on it? Any pics? I would get that fixed imo, your wastegate should hold the boost at the set spring pressure rock solid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts