Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never done anything technical with coilovers before so I need some input.

The car has TIEN HA's and is at a near stock/slightly lowered ride height. I have the Tien adjustment allen wrench thing.

Could someone let me know which way stiffer dampening is, any tips to adjusting it, etc....

Thanks, this is one of the things I just dont know.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I figured. Since there are no adjustment marks, do I just turn both fronts to full stiff and back off some (counting the clicks), and do the same to the partner side?

Any tips for doing this?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
twistedmethod333 said:
Thats what I figured. Since there are no adjustment marks, do I just turn both fronts to full stiff and back off some (counting the clicks), and do the same to the partner side?

Any tips for doing this?
Yes, I believe that is what Tein recommends. Turn them to full stiff (Clockwise) and then just count back the number of clicks counter clock wise until you reach the desired setting.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I can't find it now, but I seem to remember an important caution about not turning them to full soft.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I knew they were loose, but sweet jesus! It took 19 clicks to get the rears to full stiff and 24 for the fronts!!!!! Its like a whole new freakin car.....maybe I wasnt as bad a driver as I thought.

Anyway, I left front and rear on full stiff for now, loved the way it felt. If anything Ill loosen the rear up by 3-4.

Now, I have no clue how to lower it; all input would be great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts