Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tilton= best clutch ever. I put probably 2 years of racing, dyno runs, and street driving on my Tilton( 880 whp) . I probably put 1000-1500 miles on it in those two years but all hard miles no doubt. I don't really have many traffic problems due to where I live but I did pull it on the trailer and slip the crap out of it a bunch and my driveway sucks so I always had to slip the crap out of it to not scrap my front end. I just pulled the clutch since I will be making some additional power this year. All this and I have .008 wear on the clutch and not even close to putting on the first plate .025 is recommended. That sucks that getting it rebuilt would be weaker carbon but mine has been great to me and can't beleive that is all the wear on the clutch. I have have about 5 clutches in my Supra in 5 years and if you are a serious weekend racer or highway guy or just want the best clutch avail just put this bad boy in forget out it.

Staats

·
Motec - Race Smart
1,086 Posts
I agree, definitely the best clutch ever for the supras. I had over 10k miles and tons of drag hits on mine before I first pulled the trans to check the wear and to my suprise it didn't even need the first wear plate yet! Sucks that it is so expensive, but in my opinion no 6 speed supra should be without one.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I am so glad I sold my RPS triple and bought the Tilton.

When I finally put the car back together, I will be giving the Tilton a good workout....AP 3.4L/Headgames head with a Precision billet 82-80 :) Leaps and bounds above my stock motor and greddy t78 setup LOL!

I wonder just how weak the new discs are compared to the old ones? So that means you will wear out the clutch faster with the new discs?

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
Sounds like a Beast galleyhand ^^yea,i wonder the same about the Disc. The only thing I dont like about the Tilton is the Rattle that make.Mines not bad but Ive Heard other Tiltons that are pretty loud

·
Engmaineer
2,406 Posts
I agree, definitely the best clutch ever for the supras. I had over 10k miles and tons of drag hits on mine before I first pulled the trans to check the wear and to my suprise it didn't even need the first wear plate yet! Sucks that it is so expensive, but in my opinion no 6 speed supra should be without one.
One thing I've always wondered about is how do you know when you should be changing your pressure plates (wear plates). You have to drop your trans to check stack height.

So are you just suppose to check once a year or wait until it slips the first time then check it?

I know the wear plates are 0.025 spaced, and what do you do if you aren't exactly at 0.025 of a drop. Let's say you measure it and your at 0.018 wear. Do you just put in the bigger plate and you have more wear time on the clock?

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
.008! wow that's it?! I love my Tilton, and haven't really thrown much her way, can't wait to finally put my stroker kit to use and see what this baby does at the drag strip. Titlon = best part ever purchased for supra.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.