Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am about to sell my 2005 GTO with 423 to the wheels and I have a few options. Go with power or go with luxury.

I have been looking around for 2002+ Z06 or looking at a 2000+ S4 the V6 Biturbo.

My problem is that I'll have to pull about a $6-7k loan to get into a Z06 (that is with the GTO money as a downpayment) and with a S4 I can find around $10-$11000. I would then use the rest of the money to build up the car to make it a Stage 3 K04 or put a GT28 Kit on it.

With the Z06, I would keep it stock until the loan is paid off and then do wheels/suspension and go straight into FI.

Good choices? I need something that is reliable and will be fun to drive and have good power.

The Z06 to me is going to be the best mix of looks/power/reliability. There is parts for the car and coming from the GTO, I'll know how to work on the engine. Z06 I would look for a stock low mileage one for around $22-$23k

I got a ride in a Stage 3 K04 S4 today and it was a nice car and pulled all the way and traction wasn't an issue with it being AWD. I don't know how it would compare to a modded Z06 or my GTO right now though, supposedly a stage 3 K04 can pull on a headers/cam GTO. I could find a clean S4 for around $10-$11k and then use the rest from the GTO to either bring it to Stage 3 K04 or save up and go to a GT28 setup but this would be an extra probably $15k into the car. My worry for this car is obviously maintenance costs. This is a GT28 kit vs a K04 Stage 3 S4 to show you the power difference. K04 has about high 300's to all wheels. This is probably the most "bland" car as far as looks out of these cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4kTR0SdbOY

I just thought about a BMW M3 too. I have yet to be in or test drive an M3, but there are a few around the area that are extremly nice. I love the deep dish wheels and they are absolute sex on wheels with just a nice set of wheels and lowered. I don't know how power is with these cars, or how much it is to mod them, but I know the HorsePowerFreaks turbo kit on these are amazing.

I will be working for a Big 4 accounting firm, so I cannot have something that looks "unprofessional"

Price range is around $23k

· Registered
108 Posts
you can pic up a gt28 kit for about 7k but then you need fueling, like the ko4 setup with larger injectors

G

·
He said he wanted something reliable, with that statement put into play, by no means will the S4 even be in contention.

zO6 = :kiss:

B5 S4 = AHHHHHHHH THE INFECTIONS GONE AIRBORNEEEE RUNNNNN!!!!

· Registered
18,343 Posts
Z06 (but I must admit that i am not an Audi fan.....)

· Registered
551 Posts
if u have a budget of 23k why would you look at the older s4's you can get into a 2004+ which is alot better of a car. i just bought a 2006 s4 as a daily driver as a fun dad car. and use my single turbo widebody supra 6spd as a weekend car.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.