Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I sprung an oil leak somewhere on the exhaust side of my poor ol' 5MGE. I was planning on swapping in a 7MGTE, but I got a better idea.

Yesterday I bought a 91 Cressida with the 7MGTE already swapped in....I was going to pull the motor at first and do the swap, then I realized there were about 10 people that have ever completed this feat. So I'm gonna keep the Cressida, and make it the ultimate sleeper. It's nice.

Now, I'm trying to decide whether to part out my Supra or to sell it as is. It's leaking quite a bit, but it's still running. As long as I keep the oil in it's fine:D

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
It's a breeze to fix the oil leaks on your 5M, I bet.

...just degrease the engine and tell me whether it's coming from the front, rear, or side of the exhaust side...

No problem. Then you'll have a daily beater MkII like me. ;)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
threesixty

don't give up hope. I had what looked like a terminal oil leak, fixed it with a $15 set of rubber cam cover gaskets from O'Reilly. Took about an hour. The old ones had turned to stone and cracked.
Good luck-

·
Registered
717 Posts
so what will be done with the shitty-engine'd mk2?

i know a young man who had his supra taken away when he moved out. now he is forced to drive a mk2 celica (budgett supra)... where is it, what would you want for it....

i need ma supra back

·
Registered
251 Posts
You'll regret getting rid of you mk2, everybdy eventually regrets it.........

joe

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Toyota4555 said:
You'll regret getting rid of you mk2, everybdy eventually regrets it.........

joe
I agree sir! I am not getting rid of mine. I like my other car (see sig), but the Supra has 230K miles, original bottom end in the engine, and all the power features are original and still work! I love the Chevy, but I don't expect it to hold up that well.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I will just be taking a break from the MKII for a while. I'm gonna keep this one. It seems my oil leak has sort of "fixed itself." It burns off some oil for a while...then doesn't lose more than normal for weeks. So we'll see what happens. Getting the 7MGTE Cressida flying is my goal for now, until I can buy a new MKII and swap in the engine.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts