Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i think i'm ready to update my 11 year old stock suspensions =). Well ive been doing some research and i think Tein SS are the best suited for me right now. I have a 95 n/a and i dont race, but i would like to start taking advantage of the gold mine i ride everyday (gold mine of satisfaction that is) and start by upgrading my suspension.
So far, i just want to be able to adjust the height to my liking and i want to be able to control the ride quality (sporty ride to smooth ride). If anybody thinks I should get something else that is more suited for what i am looking for, please comment by all means, otherwise, can you guys pm me or reply if you're selling Tein SS and will you give me the price also. Thanks a lot.

-David

G

·
haha, thats mean. but umm you should stick to only one ride style. (sporty ride to smooth ride). You don't want to dump a load of money into the car if you're not gonna use it to its potential.

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
Careful what you ask for opinions for man. There are plenty of guys here that will tell you that Tein Flex is soft and smooth. There is no other Modification (improvement) that attracts such differring opinions than that of Suspension choices. Based upon my experiences here's some rather sound advice though...for the most part stick with a single rate absorber. If you're looking for a Cadillac ride in a set of Tein Flex units forget about it. You can soften them up, but you'll be bouncing all over the place. I replaced the Tein Flex with the Koni yellows and could not be more pleased. Of course...my opinion is based upon years of getting around in many different forms of transportation with stiff-ass suspensions. I didn't want that in my Supra, and the yellows fit the bill perfectly. Again... weigh opinions very carefully..if at all possible ride in as many Supras with different shock/spring combination as possible. Good luck :bigthumb:

Mark

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what do you guys mean by using it to the fullest potential? the suspension im looking for is just to help me turn to a sporty ride when in the mood and if im not in the mood for a bumpy ride to turn it to a smooth ride. is there something wrong with that? sorry if i sound dumb or lost but ive only had the supra since january and i havent really done any major replacements yet so i guess i want to start with the suspensions... even though i probably wont be doign anything anytime soon but there is a very likely chance that i will be upgrading (power speaking). =) and what is a single rate absorber? thanks for the help guys.

-david

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
Sweet...good luck on your power mods. Single rate, meaning not adjustable...there is no adjustable out there as far as I've been told (experience with Tein Flex only mind you) that will give you both worlds. There is always a trade off...with anything that comes with modifying a car. Cars are the epitomy of comprimises. They are manufactured with the general public in mind, and compromises are what make cars enjoyable. It's also what allows a stock long block engine make 3 times it's original power output and stay together. Want wild, gotta give away some mild. Same with absorbers...you'll find you comprimise soft ride for an agressive shock. No matter what anyone tells you...I don't believe there's an adjustible shock that works in both worlds... somebody educate me if there is :1poke:

Mark

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
ra24man said:
Careful what you ask for opinions for man. There are plenty of guys here that will tell you that Tein Flex is soft and smooth. There is no other Modification (improvement) that attracts such differring opinions than that of Suspension choices. Based upon my experiences here's some rather sound advice though...for the most part stick with a single rate absorber. If you're looking for a Cadillac ride in a set of Tein Flex units forget about it. You can soften them up, but you'll be bouncing all over the place. I replaced the Tein Flex with the Koni yellows and could not be more pleased. Of course...my opinion is based upon years of getting around in many different forms of transportation with stiff-ass suspensions. I didn't want that in my Supra, and the yellows fit the bill perfectly. Again... weigh opinions very carefully..if at all possible ride in as many Supras with different shock/spring combination as possible. Good luck :bigthumb:

Mark

Instead of setting the shock absorber to soft which promotes the bounce you are talking about. If he went with the TEIN 'luxury master' spring which has spring rates close to stock he should get a smooth ride. This is used with the TEIN SS. Thats what I plan on going with my supra.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts