Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not quite shere if thats what its called but im taling about the thing that you bolt to the oil pump and you pull the pin out of it to tighten the belt. Are the 2jz and the 1jz's the same.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know were i can get one or i can press it back in and reuse it?

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
the tensioner you can order through driftmotion, i got mine from them ;)

·
Registered
671 Posts
i did mine without pressing the pin back in. the bolts were long enough were i just slowly tightened it back, and worked fine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The tensioner isn't the problem it's the idler pully that it pushes onto the belt that is diff the 2JZ one is larger. so you need that.

Andy

·
Registered
488 Posts
The tensioner isn't the problem it's the idler pully that it pushes onto the belt that is diff the 2JZ one is larger. so you need that.

Andy
Are you saying that you'll need the 2jz idler pulley if your going to use the 2jz timing tensioner.

·
Registered
345 Posts
well we have a working 1jz with a complete 2jz tensioner bracket and pulley and i dont see what the problem is, and by the way the bracket is the billet one from boost logic......

·
Registered
596 Posts
i bought new oem toyota 2jz t-belt tensioner assembly when i replaced my 1jz t-belt, everything is working fine

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry not been around....The tensioner is the unit with the pushrod on it, which you lock down with a pin and hold it in place like that. the idler pully is the wheel which is attached to the swing assembly which the tesioner is going to push against the belt.

The pully itself is smaller on the 1jz, so you's either get the idler pully from a 2jz..... or a tensioner with a longer rod, and use the 1jz pully.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts