Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Indecisive
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this has been going on for a while and im surprised the timing belt hasn't overheated and snapped yet..

i JUST replaced the tensioner, and that solved nothing

my timing belt moves forward and hits the front cover.. what could be the culprit?

sounds like my 7M is supercharged though LOL

· Registered
355 Posts
Try Checking the Alignment of the Gearing on the Front Cover meaning Both Cam Gears, Oil Pump Gear, Crank Gear, and Tensioner. I made that mistake. My Cam Gears were put on backwards. and what's fucking stupid is that I bought it that way think about it! FUcking Retarded.

· LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,225 Posts
I've seen this happen and the root cause was the drive cog for the timing belt located on the crank. This cog has 2 pressed on plates that align the timing belt. Without one of those plates, the belt will walk.

· The Doc is in...
571 Posts
I've seen this happen and the root cause was the drive cog for the timing belt located on the crank. This cog has 2 pressed on plates that align the timing belt. Without one of those plates, the belt will walk.
Exactly. Have someone weld on the front plate.

· The Doc is in...
571 Posts
That would be the dumbest thing ever if you need to get the cams out. The weld would keep the cams in or from taking off the first cam bearing.
Reading comprehension is apparently above your abilities...

· Registered
510 Posts
its not that hard, just got to take the radiator out and have a harmonic balancer remover, 5th gear and e brake up or someone pressing the brake pedal should keep the motor from turning while breaking the bolt loose on the balancer the rest is pretty simple

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.