Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Timing issue, valve adj issue?? Larry @ SP??

My car has been acting really wierd ever since i had the head removed and the valve stem seals replaced. It ran fine before i had this work done. After the car was back together, i tried to run it, and it had a horrible hesitation when i stepped on the gas. I had to double pump the gas pedal to get the rpms to rise. If i just stepped on the gas, it would rev a little, and then die. BTW, i had VPC/AFC in the car at this point. SO i removed the VPC and wired in the AFC only, and reinstalled the stock MAF. THe car runs much better now, but something still isnt right. If i am crusing along on the highway, and i wanna accelerate slightly, or i have to climb a hill, the car will hesitate, and feel like its missing. This usually happens out of boost, and if i put the gas down farther, i will feel smoother acceleration.

So does anyone have any idea if this might be timing related, valve adjustment related, or something else???

Please help!!

-Aaron Senft
93 T66 6-spd (sick)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup! I notice it mostly around 2000 to 3000 rpms. How can you tell if the timing belt is off by a tooth??

M Miller said:
Does it seem to be in the 2 to 3000 rpm range mostly? If so, I'm having the same problem. I changed the plugs and checked the gap. I'll check the timing belt next.

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts