Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. I'm making decent power on my NA-T (around 375whp), but I think I could make more. After a recent dyno tune, my buddy that was tuning me at the shop told me I would have to adjust timing to get any more out of what I already have. My setup is as follows:

STOCK 2jzge
TT headgasket
20g Turbo
VPC (550cc's) & AFC

Any suggestions?

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
I’m also interested. What products are on the market to control timing without going to the MK3 stuff?

I have a buddy who would like to know if there is a market in the na-t community for a "piggy back" timing control module. (It would be about $170)

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
Well an easy way of getting so more power is to get some adjectable cam gears

I am also assuming that you are from the DSM world because of the 20G turbos :)

Well I know for a fact that the MAP ECU 2 allows for ignition timing control

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Try doing other mods first if you havent yet. Like front mount, full and bigger exhaust from down pip on, and ignition like HKS twin power. If you plan on pushing the boost you will need ignition but you probably know that. Try the MSD BTM for your timing issues or you can just retard time from the distributor. Most Na-T dont retard timing much (3-5 degrees).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice guys. Actually I'm not from the DSM world I'm from the Nissan world. I've owned 3 240sx's. I traded one of them for my turbo SC and the 20g was already on it. Figure I'm just going to use it till it pops then upgrade. I already have a frontmount, and I suppose retarding the timing 3 degrees would probably be my best bet at this point. At least until my exhaust is finished anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts