Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my timing map for the 7mgte with a ts04 (58mm) which hits at around 4k. Comments are appreciated. Too much? Not enough? Anything that would cause one to raise the red flag?

Thanks!!

alan

·
Toyota Master Tech
1,438 Posts
this must be a map for race gas right?

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pump fuel map. 93 octane... sometimes 94 depending upon where i get fuel. race gas would just be dumped in and the boost cranked. i know timing increase with race fuel would give more.

i don't like to do more than 18 psi on pump fuel so i would say that is my max load on this map. i've yet to setup the knock control as i'd rather tune for no knock than have the ecu take care of it.

the timing is somewhat flat abover 5750 due to me trying to keep it safe.

forgive the lack of proper punctuation as this is being sent from the phone.

thanks everyone!
alan

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You really need dyno time to find MBT. Asking what we think isn't going to help much. That is the biggest red flag I see here.
I was looking for a "that's crazy to run that much timing". Or a "It's quite a safe timing map". I'll judge from your response that it's an aggressive map.

Didn't at one time you have a map up here for people to look at? I wouldn't mind looking at that if you don't mind. Being as they are both 7M motors.

Thanks CE, I appreciate your input. :)

alan

·
Registered
330 Posts
Did you tune this or Jim? Can you post up the graphical representation? Do you have any idea where your peak torque occurs?

Howard

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you tune this or Jim? Can you post up the graphical representation? Do you have any idea where your peak torque occurs?

Howard

It started off life as one of his maps, but has been changed so much as the setups are quite a bit different.. IIRC, this map is not as aggressive as his latest one. Or one for Dale's car.

From some old dyno graphs, it appears that peak torque occurs around 4300 or so. I'll need to adjust the map to pull timing in that column.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts