Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be ok to run my car advanced to 30 Degrees on timing... that was the only way I could get it to drive smooth and idle smooth... or would there be any other sort of problem that is making it do this... and would it be ok to drive it at 30 degrees advanced...

·
Registered
250 Posts
You have a problem. Did you take the CPS out? Did it just suddely stop and thats the only way it will start? What type of maintenance did you do to it? What led up to this problem?

·
Registered
49 Posts
My timing belt slipped and I was running at 30 degrees for a short period... its really rough. Even if it sounds better than what you're used to.. something is very wrong. Correct the problem and set the timing back to normal.. the car's normal timing sounds like this perfect low purring.. If everything is running correctly it should sound really clean and soft. What problems were you having with timing set to the normal levels?

Franzen

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when I had it advanced to 15 it would idle really low and sputter and then almost hesitate when I started to drive... now when it's at 30 it runs perfect and idles just purrfect... but some shit isn't right... and I can't figure it out... it was running perfect at 15 and then all of the sudden it started a sputter one day comin off the highway... and when I checked my timing it was at 5...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it turned out that the timing belt had slipped and the cam gears were off... it's all good now... I fixed it but it still idles low at start and then after it warms up it idles fine...

thanx for the help...

·
Escaped from infinite lag
1,103 Posts
first of all 30 degrees WTF!!!! if you even have to ask that question take it to a shop or if your adventurous: 1. put everything back to TDC 2. buy or borrow a timing gun. 3. set the timing to 12 or 10 BTDC.

if you still have a problem its not your timing.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stallion said:
first of all 30 degrees WTF!!!! if you even have to ask that question take it to a shop or if your adventurous: 1. put everything back to TDC 2. buy or borrow a timing gun. 3. set the timing to 12 or 10 BTDC.

if you still have a problem its not your timing.
if you haven't read the whole thread I already corrected the problem... but thank you... now the problem I'm having is boosting but not really feelin it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts