Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
86.5 Turbo
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard of people running 25psi on pump gas. No meth/water inj set up or orther tricks. They do it by backing off the timming. Now Im wondering, say you are making 400 hp at 16psi. At this point your a/fs are 11.8 and if the timming is advanced any more ping will start to happen. Now to run 20-25 psi on the same set up you need to back off on the timming. how much hp can actually be gained. I mean is it really worth while to run the 25psi daily tune or 16psi. I think 25psi would be putting a lot of stress on the motor but for how much more hp. I have talked to a few dsm guys who run crazy psi on pump gas and wonder why I dont hear about supra owners doing the same thing.

yes you would need good engine management and I know better gas enables for a more aggresive tune. but on pump gas with no other tricks how much more power can u really make?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
That's like pulling the pin and dropping a grenade at your feet and hoping it's a dud for a supra to do that.

Mike

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
:stupid:

Get a methanol injection kit. $300-$400 is a small investment to save a very expensive motor! 25PSI can be achieved on pump+meth.

·
Registered
132 Posts
2JZ heads don't flow as well, at least not stock. DSM, as well as many Honda motors don't need as much timing advance because the burn in the combustion chamber is more efficient. My own experience was that I was able to run 22psi. on 91oct. with 10 degrees total advance at peak torque ramping up to 14 at 7000rpm on my GVR4 with a 57trim T3/T4 which is in my opinion, a very shitty turbo.:) I think it is all about getting a stable burn and the design of the combustion chamber helps that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts