Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title states. I am keeping my car so first thing I wanna do is tint it, I've only put it off since the day I got the car, might as well get it over with. Looking for quality work with a warranty. Thanks.

-J

·
Registered
117 Posts
try out boss audio on smith street in perth amboy. they tinted my hole car ,even the windshield in 1 piece when i lived there 2 years ago. or the tint shop on rt.1 in edison or call alex at tropical tint. all of which do good work.

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, buddy of mine actually named boss audio in a conversation I just had. Appreciate it.

-J

·
Registered
117 Posts
jbsupra89t said:
Thanks, buddy of mine actually named boss audio in a conversation I just had. Appreciate it.

-J
keep an eye on them. they do the best work but like to fool around with cars and b.s. all day long. it all balances out with boss audio since there work is great and they warranty it forever but they like to bump the shit out of you radio and such while working. plus there shoes get the car a lil dirty.

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, did they have it done while you watch? That's exactly the type of stuff that I would NOT want to happen... I'd rather not have to leave the car overnight.

-J

·
Registered
627 Posts
J- There is a place up in Newton called "Frisbys." They use the highest quality tint on the market, Llumar 3M. Its a crisp, jet black tint no matter how much resistance to light you are looking for and is all precut by a laser machine for exact fitment to the car. I had my first Z06 and my old TL Type S done there along with countless other Corvettes from CorvetteForum and Z06Vette. It comes out 100% perfect every time and I would not take my car anywhere else. The number is 973-579-5100.

Goodluck !

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
bump for frisby's

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frank told me about them and preached it many times... AZ you got your car done there too? Thanks for the number I'll give him a call when I'm home.

-J

·
Registered
627 Posts
jbsupra89t said:
Frank told me about them and preached it many times... AZ you got your car done there too? Thanks for the number I'll give him a call when I'm home.

-J

They are the best and Franks car looks unbelieveable ! Unfortunately, I don't have room for more than two cars at my parents house but if I have the Supra ready this summer when I come to visit I will be bringing it to Frisby's along with the Camaro if I still have it.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
psykotic where do u live?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Precision solar films
in North Bergen nj
201-330-9886

a small place but all he does is tinting nothing more and hes not the cheapest but he the best hes been open for 17+ years now !
he warrantys his work for as long as you own the car against peeling, fading and cracking
and if you think its faded that all he needs to hear.you wont get any BS from him such as no way or to me it looks ok ..none of that.

he has only had to change my film only once on any of my cars and that was 5 years later and he gave me no hassle just gave me a new date and time and that was it.

only bad thing is about his shop everything is only by appointment only as hes always booked up if thatsa negative.

but trust me its well worth it.
-Al

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
ive made it from my house in Sparta(Newton is my backyard pretty much) in 30 minutes flat. Speed was undetermined but I still did it( more than once too)

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
it must be hard for window tinters to make money these days. price is so cheap and theres somany of them out there.

·
Registered
427 Posts
tecknik1 in NYC. they do all the work for manhattan motorcars and work on everything from lamborghini, bentley, rolls, saleen s7 etc. Definately would reccomend them to anyone.

talk to gus

·
ΣΦE Member
1,230 Posts
prices for these places if you have gotten it done? did u also get the front two windows done?

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Frisby had quoted me mid 200s when I called. Doesn't surprise me, but I've seen his work and it's top notch, I need to call the other places this weekend. Boss was gonna do it for high 100s IIRC...

-J

·
Registered
113 Posts
Lorenzo Auto Glass Tinting Co
(718) 994-9100
4752 Bronx Blvd
Bronx, 10470

Price is $300...

He does the best tinting I've ever seen and will only do very high end cars.

-Nick

1 - 20 of 41 Posts