Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attemted to tint their own tail lights or markers? someone said sand them with like 1500 grit and spray them with some clear smoke paint or something you can get online, wasnt sure what the deal with that was, if anyone had tried it please let me know if it comes out good and if its difficult/expensive. thanx guys,

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
My brother did this on his 83 Volvo. His markers came out pretty nice, but it was hard to see the lights behind them.

I think the product was called nightshades.

If you do it, make sure that you treat the surface like any other surface you paint. Preparation is key.

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
when using nightshades, its very simple...simply clean with an alchohol wipe, dry, and spray.... tha instructions on spraying are on tha bottle...i've painted many taillights with success...lemme search for some pics and i'll post ina lil bit
peace
~Ahmed

·
What do u mean?Its Stock!
765 Posts
I did my front turn signals about 3 yrs ago, used regular tint and still looks great, even up close :)

here is a picture

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts

these are two pics of my accord....sorry for tha far/dirty shots, tha cars in tha garage at home i can atke more pics but im sure u get tha idea...its very simple 2 do just needs patience...and if u dont like how it looks, get a rag and a can of carb cleaner and wipe off ;)
peace
~Ahmed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts