Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about doing this to my front and side markers, but am not sure what or how you do it, is there a company that sells blacked out side markers for supras? i havent seen any, any input would help

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
it's fairly easy if you have all the materials , first you will need to clean them, use scotch pad or sand them smooth to get rid of the raised lettering with 320 grit sandpaper, then reduce black basecoat 1 part paint to 4-6 parts reducer ,spray light coats to a desired coverage and then follow with the clearcoat
Hope that helps

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is this used with a normal auto paint gun?
could you give me a link so where i can buy the materials for the right paint you are talking about to do this?

·
Mr. Brightside
737 Posts
I just put this 3m film that my buddy had over them. you heat up the film with a hair dryer and then stretch it over the lights. I've had it on for a few months and no problems so far. looks A LOT better too

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im interested in that 3M product, can you tell me more about maybe where i can get it ?

·
Mr. Brightside
737 Posts
ill talk to my friend and see what its called exactly.
boost700 said:
im interested in that 3M product, can you tell me more about maybe where i can get it ?

·
Mr. Brightside
737 Posts
yeah, ill snap a few pics when i get a chance

·
MultiColored Member
375 Posts
like this?

Nightshades lense tint.
make sure u clean them very very very very very good
and dont lay it on too thick. light coats work the best.
i smoked my very very very dark.:)
u can still see the light through them too.:)
hope it helps u out!!!!! :bigthumb:

·
Never fast enough
715 Posts
boost700 said:
same here very interested i want to put something over my turbo timer to dim it down a little, its like someone shinning a flashlight in yours eyes when your driving at night

·
Lost in Dawg-land
550 Posts
You can get it at most auto parts stores. Autozone, Pep Boys, etc.

·
T-Power
1,627 Posts
I use nightshades. It works great! if u want it to be shiny have it clear coated.

here is my headlight with tinted daylight

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
I know this is a little old but you can also use model airplane paints.. from the rattle can. They have translucent colors. Some guy with a Mk3 yellowed out his fog lights a while back and they're holding up pretty good. I'd imagine it'd work better on the much cooler-running marker lights.

·
Registered
11 Posts
VHT nite shades works amazingly well, I have used it twice on my turn signals and taillights! It makes the car look so much better, especially when your car is black.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts