Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know any tinting places in the Bay Area?

The back windshield tint on my SVX is like peeling off or delaminating and it looks all blurry out the back (both direct view and rearview mirror) so I want that replace and the sides to match it. I got quoted $300 for the back 5 sections, is that expensive, seems kind of high but i don't have any comparison

Also, will no shops do the front side windows because its illegal?
My stock windows look slightly tinted tan colored (matches the interior)

Thanks
 

·
JZA70 or go home!!
Joined
·
2,495 Posts
check the advertiser, they usally have some shops that would tint, in california you cant tint the front windows less than 75% visibility
 

·
got boost???
Joined
·
1,362 Posts
speedzone i think thats what its called on san bruno ave in SF....i did my supra there. and they will tint the front but they let you know they aren't responsible or won't replace it if you are pulled over by a cop...they do a pretty good job too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
south valley auto glass in san jose on almaden rd. guy you would want to talk to is named joe. he's a cool guy, and does good work. that's where our shop sends cars when we get someone who needs some kind of window work.
 

·
OCC
Joined
·
897 Posts
California Auto Tint and Detail: very nice tint (removed glass method) and their detailing is also top notch. They're located in Campbell... on Sunnyoaks.
 

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
SupraTuRD said:
California Auto Tint and Detail: very nice tint (removed glass method) and their detailing is also top notch. They're located in Campbell... on Sunnyoaks.
I think I've been there with my '00 Celica GTS, and before that with my Supra. Charged me $250 for all 5 windows to be tinted: 35% on the front 2 door windows, 20% on the smaller rear windows, and 20% on the rear hatch. It came out great! I'm thinking of taking my Supra back to get darker tint installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
SupraTuRD said:
California Auto Tint and Detail: very nice tint (removed glass method) and their detailing is also top notch. They're located in Campbell... on Sunnyoaks.
Does the removed glass method mean they take apart the dash and remove the window completely to tint it? I ask because of all the dynamat I have in my door panels
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
brianb said:
I think I've been there with my '00 Celica GTS, and before that with my Supra. Charged me $250 for all 5 windows to be tinted: 35% on the front 2 door windows, 20% on the smaller rear windows, and 20% on the rear hatch. It came out great! I'm thinking of taking my Supra back to get darker tint installed.
eh, tint for the SVX is gonna be a lot cause i have like 9 sections i'd want to tint, weird windows...
how long would it take to tint cause the SVX is my DD but ill be gone to china and i want my dad to get the 120k maintenance and hopefully tint too

and campbell is way down south right?
 
G

·
kragen has tint department. they run special right now and do the 5 window deal for 19.99
they not guarantees against the air bubble tho. ask for miguel santos
 
G

·
Prop for sid at Auto Mall Tint factory in Fremon. He did really good job on my GF's SC430. you will take the 880 and Auto Mall exit~

He Owns another shop in San Leandro if you are closer. By appointment only!!!

Here is the link: http://www.automalltintfactory.com/index.html

The Stevens Creek Lexus dealership recommanded the California Auto Tint(in cambell). they removed the door panel and take out the glass. After they put the tint on, they will take it to "bake". It takes longer and more expensive, but It is worth it. They done my 98 Supra long time ago and they did a good job too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
Wayne Chang said:
kragen has tint department. they run special right now and do the 5 window deal for 19.99
they not guarantees against the air bubble tho. ask for miguel santos
Hey I didn't know you go to the Kragen's in Santa Clara. I know Miguel personally and his work is very good. He tried to charge me 50 bucks for labor but I bought him 2 packs of Corona's for him and called it even.
 
G

·
VINZE said:
He tried to charge me 50 bucks for labor but I bought him 2 packs of Corona's for him and called it even.
no way! he bullshit me then. said real mexicans do no drink corona. instead they drink modelo . only the white man drink corona.
 

·
SC Under Pressure
Joined
·
290 Posts
TA Performance, San Bruno

TA Performance in San Bruno on San Bruno Ave, $160 for all five windows of my SC300. Top notch, excellent work, they will apply any tint you ask for, but the usual disclaimer about if you get a fix-it-tix. Recommend..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
Gravija said:
Does anybody know any tinting places in the Bay Area?

The back windshield tint on my SVX is like peeling off or delaminating and it looks all blurry out the back (both direct view and rearview mirror) so I want that replace and the sides to match it. I got quoted $300 for the back 5 sections, is that expensive, seems kind of high but i don't have any comparison

Also, will no shops do the front side windows because its illegal?
My stock windows look slightly tinted tan colored (matches the interior)

Thanks
So what is deal? You ever go get tint to get rid of purple mexican style tint? post pics of tint and yourself so we see who typing on keyboard.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top