Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has tinted their stock guages like the Defi, or some of the more higher spec Lexus guages to any success?

Like it sounds good and looks good in theory in my head, but it would have to light up enough during the day and night to be visible.

Dan.

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's an interesting thought. I just don't see why you would do that, anyone got pics of this?
I'd want to do it to get Defi guages and have it all match so nothing stands out.

Might see if I can get an LS400/Celsior dash cluster cheap and play around with that.

Dan.

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But I don't want to end up with something like those autoguage defi rip offs that look terrible because the tint on them is real weak. I want full blackout when off like the Defi.

Dan.

·
Registered
568 Posts
One of the reasons the Lexus guages look fully blackoutted is because the guages are recessed along with the glass, avoiding any light going directly through...the tint isn't VERY strong either. I'd say tint it, but then experiment with a piece of plastic or something you can tint and temporarily replace the plastic covering the guages to see how effective it is..?

·
Banned
3 Posts
the sc300/400 have those kind of gauge cluster i think, they look really nice and you can see the lights/needles clearly even in the brightest day

1 - 9 of 9 Posts