Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SP74HO
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure that most people here are not as dumb as i am! I had a FF intake made, used a Accufab 90mm TB. I was in a hurry and installed it. After starting the engine, i had a horrible whistling noise. I first thought it was the water pump, or a bearing in the alternator.

After much searching, replacing the water pump, removing belts, i decided to remove the intake.
Ran a straight edge over the flange, low and behold it was warped really bad! The ends were drawn inward and the center was high.

Took it to the machine shop, had it milled flat, reinstalled and presto no WHISTLE!

At the TX2K5 event i made 644 rwhp and 550 tq, the large IC large IC pipes and the TB with intake netted me right at 40 extra hp.
I can only imagine what hp lever i will have with a bit more tuning, and with out that boost leak!

TIP~ check it before installing or just have it milled for the extra piece of mind!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah, sometimes people think that the manifold is ready to go right when they get it, but they can warp quite a lot in welding process.

·
Registered
689 Posts
wow, did that cause you to misfire or run really rich?

·
SP74HO
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here are a few pics of the engine and IC set up.

Intake was built by Albert Raycenski, IC was bulit by him also. The IC was originally built for Bill DeKonig from Sound Performance.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
wow awesome setup. Was your vacuum low?

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
LOL thats what was making that noise?! damn we were all over that damn motor and it never dawned on me to look at the fitment. ah well next year man ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts