Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to try to mold in all the gaps on my car. the new body kit, like all kits isnt really perfect fitting. I also like the clean look.

This is my first time doing it myself, but i have helped many times, just not to much hands on. I worked at a body shop for a year, but never did it myself. i would always finish it off by sanding and such.

Im gonna be molding in the sideskirts and read bumper. the rear bumper seems rear easy. Im pretty sure i can do it. Same with where the sideskirts meet the 1/4 panel (around the vent area).

Now this is what concerns me. I want to mold in the sideskirts all along the under side of the door. There is like a 1/2 inch gap all the way down. I think im gonna screw like 4 screws into it, and into the body, then mold it, then after it dries, remove the screws and fill in the holes.

·
Registered
228 Posts
dont!

DONT do this! ... i juss got a 95 NA from Cali, i live in STL.. when i looked at it i found out he tried to do it himself.... SUCKSSSS .... i hate it cos now my body is ruined , if i ever want to take it off i gotta whole mess to deal with ....

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Re: dont!

chuboy02 said:

...i hate it cos now my body is ruined , if i ever want to take it off i gotta whole mess to deal with ....

The thoughts above are thoughts I wish every supra owner would wake up and fuckin realize!!!!!!!

If I had control of the world, I would not allow any supra owners to attempt any hacking on the rare, beautiful, endagered species of the Supra TT. Mods that can be UN done in one way or another is one thing,
but PLEASE!!!!!..........
will ALL you supra owners QUIT hacking on these fucking cars........THEY ARE NOT HONDA ACCORDS, MUSTANGS, CIVICS, OR FORD PINTOS!!!!!!!!

These are BEAUTIFUL cars that were AHEAD OF THEIR TIME and still don't look DATED!!!!!!!
As we know, they aren't made anymore - HELLO!

Would ALL you KIDS please stop getting a hold of these cars and GHETTOIZING them!!!!!!
These cars are obviously NOT EASY TO FIND IN GOOD SHAPE AS IT IS - GEEESH !!!!

*********Go buy a FUCKIN DIME-A-DOZEN CIVIC if you need to get this out of your system!************

This is not directed to you in particular ScrewDrvr - just venting in general to everyone - it just happens to be an appropriate thread to post this in :p

Thank you ;)

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
Re: Re: dont!

blkturbo! said:
The thoughts above are thoughts I wish every supra owner would wake up and fuckin realize!!!!!!!

If I had control of the world, I would not allow any supra owners to attempt any hacking on the rare, beautiful, endagered species of the Supra TT. Mods that can be UN done in one way or another is one thing,
will ALL you supra owners QUIT hacking on these fucking cars........THEY ARE NOT HONDA ACCORDS, MUSTANGS, CIVICS, OR FORD PINTOS!!!!!!!!

These are BEAUTIFUL cars that were AHEAD OF THEIR TIME and still don't look DATED!!!!!!!

Would ALL you KIDS please stop getting a hold of these cars and GHETTOIZING them!!!!!!

*********Go buy a FUCKIN DIME-A-DOZEN CIVIC if you need to get this out of your system!************

This is not directed to you in particular ScrewDrvr - just venting in general to everyone - it just happens to be an appropriate thread to post this in :p

Thank you ;)
WORD

·
5,059 Posts
Re: Re: dont!

could not have said it better myself

blkturbo! said:

Thank you ;)

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
ScrewDrvr said:

Now this is what concerns me. I want to mold in the sideskirts all along the under side of the door. There is like a 1/2 inch gap all the way down. I think im gonna screw like 4 screws into it, and into the body, then mold it, then after it dries, remove the screws and fill in the holes.

You mean where the bodykit meets the body just inside the doorjamb - at the top of the rocker panel?
When it's ready for permenant mounting, try using some 3M double-sided tape to mount it to the car and then use a paintable/flexible 3M seam-sealer to smooth out the gap...then paint them whit the doors open if you need to in order to paint over the seam sealer or anything like that.
Just don't pop screws threw a permenant part of the body like that (rocker panel)....there's more than one way to skin a cat :)
So, leave the harsh ideas as LAST results ;)
Besides all that.....just remember that wherever there's a hole in a body panel, it will eventually rust from the backside (from inside the rocker panel where you can't get to)....won't matter that you have the exterior side of the panel painted.

good luck ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts