Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when I was installing my short shifter on my car i noticed that half of my right rear tire was bald! I have no clue how that is. I have had the car aligned and the suspension set up is the same. Does anyone here have a clue? When you usually lower a car, do you need a camber kit installed because i think its the camber of my car that is making the inside of my right rear tire bald... thanks everyone...

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
you dont need a camber kit, since the stock suspension is adjustable through a very wide range... but if the inside of your tires are bald, then you have too much negative camber.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hoser813 said:
you dont need a camber kit, since the stock suspension is adjustable through a very wide range... but if the inside of your tires are bald, then you have too much negative camber.
so how do I fix the negative camber? Can I have it done somewhere? and if so, how much? oh and I dont have stock suspension, I have the Tein Type Flex. thanks

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
since you have aftermarket suspension... you will either have to align it by trial and error, or find someone with the same suspension and get the specs off them... even though you will be setting the camber to factory specs, it will still be out of whack

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Yup, do not use Toyota spec since u have 19" and dropped.

·
i need horsepower
1,365 Posts
i had the same prob and would like to kno. Arent there specs off of mkiv.com?? one of the members was telling me about it, i jus couldnt find it tho. Also If u burn out or wheel spin (your a 5spd right?) then that tire has been spinning most of the time.

·
Scuzi!
1,394 Posts
Isnt your car an NA? If so I dunno if you have LSD or not but usually not - couldnt that be the cause of 1 tire fire?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts