Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my front tires i have 245/40zr18, one day i was pulling out and my tire was completely flat, well i pick up that same tire 2 weeks later to get a new one and i find that it has refilled itself?!? its a cooper zeon, they did numerous checks on it at dobbs and there was no hole or leak in it whatsoever...any ideas?

·
11,221 Posts
A magical refilling tire huh? I guess it just deflated itself (to some extent) when it was cold, and then reinflated itself when it was hotter. Because the air molecules aren't moving around when it's cold, it'll seem like there's less air in there. When the weather is hotter, the air molecules will move around like crazy therefore having the effect of "more air pressure".

So, in between the 2 checks, did the weather change? Other wise :dunno:

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
Temperature will only have a small affect on the tire. Remember PV=znRT? Temperature is based on K or R so a change from 24 to 12 C is not a 50% decrease in pressure, rather a 4% decrease in pressure. Its more likely that the tire had an unusally high pressure area(wheel was turned on an uneven surface) and flattened out. The tire could have buldged in another area and actually had an increase in pressure( just looked flat).

Or someone just filled it up with you knowing.

·
Registered
13,583 Posts
Maybe f__air__ies did it

I think that's how they originally got their name.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
guy at dobbs said it happens sometimes.... just not sure exactly what happenned, anyone that KNOWS?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts