Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased new tires for my Camry. Michelin Primacy MX4. It’s one of the highest rated passenger tires on tirerack.com. After driving the car on the freeway, it tends to “track” with the grooves on certain sections of the freeway. It feels like the car is wobbling. So I went back to Costco where I bought the tires, and they said it is completely normal and eventually it will go away as the tires wear down. Considering this the first time I bought Michelin tires, I was a little skeptical. So, a week later I had to buy some new tires for my Supra, so I bought some Michelin PS2’s and the same “tracking” occurs on that section of the freeway. However, the tracking is not as bad as in the Camry, but I can definitely feel it. In the past I have always purchases angled grooved tire tread designs (Toyo T1-S, Toyo T1-R), and I never felt this “wobble” on the freeway. Both Michelin tires have a straight tread design. Keep in mind, my alignment is perfect, the balancing of the tires are perfect. Has anyone experienced this? I live in SoCal.

·
Fastest Factory Auto
2,228 Posts
Different tires track differently, for a PS2 tracking is normal, its a sticky tire and the compound/tread design makes it more inclined to it. Worst tires I had on the front of my car as far as tracking goes, were Potenza S02's.

For the camry, I cant imagine thats too normal.. what size sidewall is it? I'd seriously suggest checking tire pressure. An over inflated tire will feel the way you are describing, and the kids that work at most tire shops do a half assed job and usually send cars out overinflated. I'd also make sure your lugnuts are tight

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Different tires track differently, for a PS2 tracking is normal, its a sticky tire and the compound/tread design makes it more inclined to it. Worst tires I had on the front of my car as far as tracking goes, were Potenza S02's.

For the camry, I cant imagine thats too normal.. what size sidewall is it? I'd seriously suggest checking tire pressure. An over inflated tire will feel the way you are describing, and the kids that work at most tire shops do a half assed job and usually send cars out overinflated. I'd also make sure your lugnuts are tight
Sidewall is 55. I checked tire pressure. It's at the recommended 32 psi all around. I haven't checked the lugnuts....so I'll check those tonight.

·
HighCompression+Boost=Win
1,884 Posts
Same thing happened to my wife's old accord, I took the tires back and switched them to a different model and it went away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts