Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting new tires in the next week or so. I have gone through 4 sets now and my car only has 30k on it:mad: I have read about Lances specs and wanted some feedback on what some of you use? I still have the stock allignment from when I bought the car new in 98. I do not do big burn outs hell I never smoke them from a stop. I do drive aggressivly but this is rediculous. IF some of you could say what specs you use I would appreciate it. Some of you that get 15-20-25K out of a set of rears. Please Help!!!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on someone chime in here!!! Has anyone used Lances specs? If so what kind of milage are you getting on your tires? Is the inside wearing out first?? I need to know before I get my new set ....HELP:(

Jeff

·
3,148 Posts
I use Lances alignment specs. I get about 15,000 miles out of a set of tires and I drive very aggresively. My suggestion would be to make sure you keep at least 35psi (I run 37psi) in the tires at all times. When the tires get down to below 35psi they run hotter and wear faster. If I'm not mistaken Lance's alignment specs are all within the range of the factory specs (except caster) he just uses the best setting within Toyota's range. Basically if you have been using the Toyota specs, then I doubt you will get considerably more mileage out of Lance's specs.

Later, Steve

C

·
0 Posts
Make sure they tighten the bolts down to the correct torque specifications when the adjust the alignment. This has happend to myself a couple times. Wore through a front set in 8k. Grrrrr.

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
I get about 9-12,000 miles out of my tires. I had excessive wear on the inside of the fronts even though my alignment was in spec. I attributed this to worn struts. I just threw in some Koni's so I hope that solves the problem.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the car new in 98. I have gone through the OEM set of Bridgestones, a set of SO2 polepositions, a set of Pilot sports, and now a set of Toyo T1-S's. I have never had the car alligned and I have about 31,000 on it now. I drive the car everyday I have never been to the drag strip. I have done 3 auto-x's. I think or hope with Lances specs to get close to 15 per set which will be twice the milage I have been getting because of the inside edges wearing out so damn fast.
My fronts do not wear out fast at all. I am replacing them this time cause I am sick of the regular pilots I have up there.
I do keep my air pressure up above 35 most of the time..I should probably check it more than I do.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts