Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new set of Yokohama AVS Sport tires. They are 285/35/18 & 235/40/18. Pepboys swears to me that I should be running 50 PSI, this just seem excessively high. Could someone please tell me what PSI I should be running?

G

·
Um, 50 psi? Doesn't the reading on the side of the tire say to not exceed 44 psi? Realistically, a universal good inflation is 32 psi, but since you're on 18's and don't have too much sidewall, I'd go with 36-38 personally. I've run that before and had good traction and even tire wear.

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
MKIV5280 said:
I just bought a new set of Yokohama AVS Sport tires. They are 285/35/18 & 235/40/18. Pepboys swears to me that I should be running 50 PSI, this just seem excessively high. Could someone please tell me what PSI I should be running?

Go with the recommendation on the sticker for typical driving.
Go with max tire pressure on the sidewall for road race type driving.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It all really depends on sidewall. On a tire like that I would run 34-36psi all around and while your road racing/autocrossing 40-42psi, while your drag racing probibly a min. of 20psi, max 26psi.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If anything, 50 psi might be the MAX pressure (check the sidewall of the tire). You were right to question them, don't run your tires w/ that much pressure.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought that it seemed like a ridiculously high amount, thats why I asked.

Thanks for all of the imput guys :bigthumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts