Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
8 sec supra chick!
2,753 Posts
Slicks or dots or radials? We run slicks pretty low but most say start a little higher and drop it as you get used to it. The more pressure will cause you not to hook as well on the line but will be more stable at the top end, start dropping the pressure to like 10 1/2 or 11psi and you'll hook great but it will sway some up top. At least from what I have experienced.

·
8 sec supra chick!
2,753 Posts
Cool! Racing it in Texas? What class?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do to my crazy work schedule March 20th will be this car's very 1st time on the track. It was once a pretty nice high-9 drag car which I bought about 85% assembled then completed. Luckily I was fortunate enough to the TX2K9 dates off so we're going to see if this boy will hold together. It will be more of a "test and tune" day than anything. Main issue will be getting this nitrous system set correctly to get it off the line. The TH350 needs what looks to be about a 100 shot to get the car out of the hole.

·
8 sec supra chick!
2,753 Posts
Well they have a test and tune friday night after the dyno and then the drag competition on Sat. So plenty of chances to get the car set up. See ya out there!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I was thinking. Just hope we have enough nitrous to get it moving. LOL may have to bring a few foggers with us....

We'll be the guys with the white wingless stock body 94 on CCW's drags. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I run 13 psi in them. I have been 1.30 @ that tire pressure.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My drag radials hook best at 11.5 psi, the car spun at 13.5 psi launching on the transbrake at 15 psi.

At 11.5psi the car now goes 1.42 sixties. Bias Ply slicks like less air as well, but you need to put shoe polish on the tire and rim so you can see if you spin the tire on the rim, if you do you might want to look into bead locks.

·
9's Club
5,340 Posts
I run the same ecxact tire and my advice would be to start them at 15psi and work your way down 1psi at the time until you feel confortable. Especially if its your first time running slicks on this car its worth the extra caution. I assume you have skinnies right??

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
28" x 10.5" Hoosiers on the back and skinnies on the front. It's the CCW drag wheels. This is th e1st auto I've built so I'm having to get use to everything. Always done 6spd street cars prior to this one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts