Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont drag much. I was wondering if I should just use my Kuhmo MX's or should I use my Victoracers for a race in Nov. The track is only 1/8
Would there be much of a difference in the 2 tires?

Jeff

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hasnt anybody tried to drag race with victoracers? I want to know if they would be any better than true street tires...?????

·
Registered
13,572 Posts
Absolutely zero doubt on this one for me: use the Victoracers. For drags, I wouldn't do as heavy a burnout as with DR's but a little heat will soften em up more.

On my plain old BPU car, I've run Victoracers on the street for a long time (I put em on for road racing and liked the permanenet traction so much I just left them on till they wore out). Before I got 18" wheels, I also had a set of Kumho MX's on stock wheels, 275R/245F. While to MX's are a damn good street tire IMO, there is no comparison to the Victoracers which are an R compound soft tire. The traction with Victoracers is a universe above any normal street tire.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks!!!!! Should I keep the burnout to 2-3 seconds?

Jeff

·
Registered
13,572 Posts
That sounds reasonable to me but I've never drag raced at a drag strip with Victoracers so I'm just guessing.

But I know for sure that even with cold tires on the street, the Victoracers will cream the MX's or any normal street tire for straight line or lateral traction. A little heat and they get softer which will help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts