Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed KYB AGX shocks on my car and Eibach springs. The front left seems to sit a little lower than the right. I've noticed that this is not an unusual occurence on Supras. However, don't know if that is the cause of the rubbing (tire size 245/40/18). The guy at the alignment shop suggested that I put the stock springs back on, will the lance alignment fix my problem of rubbing? Oh yeah, the alignment guy said that if you put any type of spacers it'll wear out the springs. Thanks in advance guys.

Victor

·
3,148 Posts
I have a very similar setup with Eibach springs and KYB/AGX shocks. My car was rubbing and it turned out that the person who installed the springs, cut the bump stops. If this is the case than installing new bump stops should fix your problem. The 245/40R18 is a pretty tall tire. What offset are you running on your front wheel? If the problem is caused by an offset then you have the choice of putting back the stock springs or buying new wheels.

Later, Steve

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Steve. The I'm not sure what the offset is, I'll check to see if it's on the rim. Do you know what the differences would be with the stock springs vs. eibachs besides ride height, the car handled good before but since I was doing the shocks I just decided to do the springs too since they had it off the car.

Thanks,

Victor

·
3,148 Posts
The offset should be printed on the inside of the wheel.

The Eibach spring is also a progressive rate spring.

Let me know what width your wheel is along with the offset. It may be as simple as replacing the 245/40R18's with 255/35R18's.

BTW swaybars will also help with rubbing.

Later, Steve

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
same thing happen to me onmy stealth r/t turbo and it was the bump stop also had to get a new set !all was well after that !

krymfighta dont you have a red supra with dice in the mirrors!;)
and your plates read --->>>>suped up<<<<----;)

:eek:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also have KYB AGX & Eibachs, with 245/35R19 in front, which has about the same diameter as 245/40R18 (mine should be 1mm larger assuming same tire). Same deal here, my left front sits a little lower than my right front. I installed them myself and did not cut the bumpstops, so this seems normal. Luckily, I only rub when I'm turning right and my left front hits a big bump. If yours is similar (occasional rubbing), just take the wheel off, look where its rubbing and pound out the wheel well a little (gently and carefully, of course).

Another possible solution while sticking with the Eibachs is to put a small spacer at the top of the shock so the shock/spring combo sits a little lower relative to the body/frame. You can only get a couple mm out of this method probably.

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts