Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

i need to put new rear tires on my baby. i wanted to try the kuhmo supra, but my wheel is 18X10 and all the info on the tire is tested on 9.5. additionally the closest size to what i want (285/35/18 or 295/35/18) is 275/35/18. will this tire fit comfortably on the wheel?

some of the other tire selections that are the correct size are :

1. Dunlop sp sport 9000
2. yokohama avs sport
3. bridgestone potenza s-02

any suggestions on these as well?

·
Registered
341 Posts
i have the kumho 275-35-18 on the back of my car right now. So far i dont see or know of anything wrong with running that size. Of course i wanted to other brand tires that you listed but when i bought the tires i was on a strict budget.

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
tires are able to fit on a variety of rim width's. Go to www.tirerack.com and find the tire that you want, then click on it's specs. It will give you a range of rim width's they work on, usually about 1.5" difference. For instance, I just got new bridgestone s-03's 275/35/18 and they list acceptable width's as 9"-10.5". Good luck.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies! parboy...i did my searching on tirerack and did exactly that. my question came directly from the specs sheet. there is the given range, but it only lists 9.5. i am sure there are people out there using the tire on a different width wheel and was curious how the tire fit. thanks again for the info. sagasupra...i have a friend who is into road racing and he suggests the kuhmo supra for a daily/weekend driver. for the price the performance is compairable to the $300+ tire. so i wouldn't feel bad having to purchase a new set of tires every 9-12 months.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve jarvis is the expert,but

I just bought new tires. Was debating between Yokohama AVSdb and Michelin Pilot Sports AS. The offset on the specific wheel involved determines tire size--see Steve's tire-wheel fitment guide first thread. Tire rack reviews AVSdb the best in comparos posted on their site. Great performance,quiet ride, durability (300 tread wear rating)--and very inexpensive. I'm an idiot, so I bought the Michelins for $100 more per tire!

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
Slave, if you will look a bit closer it lists a range of 9-11" for the kumho supra 275/35/18. You were looking at the "measured" rim width and not the rim width range I think. The measured rim width is just so the tire information can be standardized. Hell, I have the same size tire on a 9" wheel so I know it will work with yours ;) So those tires will work just fine with your 10" wheels. If you use tirerack, talk to Luke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts