Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it is time for me to look for tires AGAIN. My question is should I stick with the TOYO T1S in 265-40-17 and get some front 245-45-17 or should I try the Kumo Supra's and get 275-40-17 in the rear. I have liked the Toyo's and I WILL be doing Lances alignment this time because I am tired of wearing out the inside edges so fast. Anybody tried both kinds? This is a daily driver I just drive hard and in Chattanooga there are tons of good curvy roads. I do about 3 autox's a year as well.

Jeff

A

·
0 Posts
I'm running 255/40/17's in the front, and 275/35/18's in back. The NITTO 555's didn't last very long, and currently I have the Kumho Supras on... they've already been through more mileage than the NITTO's, and seem to have plenty of tread left! I think that the traction is fair, especially for the price. I just bought a set of Kumho Victoracers, which I've heard are the best "sticky" tire out there short of all-out slicks. Hopefully, they'll be good for auto-x's!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much were the victoracers and are you running them on stock wheels? I think I will get the Yoyos for front and rear next week. I have like the ride and handling and looks but I need the alignment as well.
Jeff

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
When I was out at Putnam Park in Indiana, nearly all of the instructors were running Kumho Victoracers. They had them shaved from Tire Rack.

A

·
0 Posts
I have the Victoracers mounted on stock wheels... they only make them up to 17", so aftermarket 18" were not an option. The Victoracers are pretty cheap... $150 a piece. Phil Panas is running the 315 size, but he had to widen the stock 17" wheels (which, I might add, was a great idea). Needless to say, his car grips well (although with 800+ hp, you need it!)

Yes, you can get the Victo's shaved or not. However, I have the treaded ones. I've heard that once you've worn the treads down, the tires can be used as full slicks, as there is plenty of rubber left underneath (after all, that's all shaved tires are!)

Next time I get tires, I'm definitely going to have them heat cycled by the Tire Rack. I've seen what they can do on a Panoz GTS car... the difference is night and day, as the Tire Rack heat cycling is a lot smoother and consistent as compared to the traditional way of heat cycling...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool:cool: I just need an extra set of stock wheels now:D

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts