Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah, yeah, im new here, but ive had my supra for almost a year and its time for its first new set of tires.

what size should i buy to put on the mkIV rims?

if you have any input on a specific tire thats got good grip for the money let me know too please.

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
Do a search, it has been discussed numerous times.

Stock size is 235/45-17 front and 255/40-17 rear.

You can install if you wanted 245/40-17 front and 275/40-17 rear.

There are many tire brands, all depends on your $$$

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks...sorry about that not serching thing...still getting used to how supra forums works

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
Don't worry about it. Majority of all questions have been answered, thats why the search function is nice. Also check the FAQ section.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
What kind of tire are you looking for? How much wet driving do you do? Since I hardly ever drive in rain, I personally don't go for the all-weather dry/rain performance tires and prefer the ultra performance tires which are better on dry but not as good on wet; but based on my experience they are still very driveable in wet.

I really liked the Kumho MX's I had on stock wheels, very good overall performance for the money; at tirerack they are $117ea for fronts and $129ea for rears in the sizes mentioned above.

I've never used the Sumitomo HTR Z and HTR ZII, but some people here (even a couple who roadrace/track their Supras so they know traction when they see it) have mentioned them very favorably; in the sizes mentioned above they are even less than the MX's at
$69ea fronts and $88ea rears.

For quite a bit more money but only marginally better overall performance, the BFG KD's are very good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great, thanks.

so i guess tire rack is a good place to order from, i've never bought tires offline before?

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,424 Posts
so i guess tire rack is a good place to order from, i've never bought tires offline before
Should not be any problems. If you have discount tire near you, go to them and ask to match the tire rack price.

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
ahymq2 said:
great, thanks.

so i guess tire rack is a good place to order from, i've never bought tires offline before?
you mean online?
Works fine.
I buy tires from them and have them drop shipped to the tire shop near me for installation. (Check with the shop first). Give the shop a chance to match the tire-rack price, but I doubt they can. I can get the tires cheaper than they can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts