Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
personally id run 265/35R18 in the front. good cushion for your rim, good road noise, a decent amount of rubber on the ground, and perfect vs. your speedometer...off by about .2mph @ 200mph.

for the rear, 285/30, 285/35, or 295/35 will fit too. (you could do 275's but why go smaller??

·
Registered
13,572 Posts
If you tell us the offsets you got, we could give you an exact answer, otherwise it's a guessing game. Or you could plug your offsets and wheel widths into Steve's fitment guide which is a sticky here and that gives correct answers to what tires will fit.

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
you could run a 295 or 285 i have ran both with these Volk GTC.

·
wut
363 Posts
Nick 95 6sp said:
If you tell us the offsets you got, we could give you an exact answer, otherwise it's a guessing game.
Exactly, knowing the offset of your rim and the suspension setup you have dictates what size tire you will be able to run in the front and back.

·
Registered
13,572 Posts
since you don't know the offsets (nothing personal to you Russ since it seems like quite a few other's also do this ...but I don't get how the hell could anybody spend a couple grand or more on wheels and not even know the offsets?) if we assume it is a "reasonable" Supra fitment, the 245F and 275R should fit no problem even with no fender or wheel well mods. But if the offsets are crazy wrong, you'd be taking a chance even with those tire sizes.

For example, with +45 offsets on my 18" X 9-1/2"F and 10-1/2"R wheels I now have 255/35F and 285/30R and I could fit 265/35 on front next time and I have no fender or wheel well mods and I'm lowered on Tein HA's

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
OT

Thanx Nick I've always wanted to know about offsets and tire sizes :) Nothing to worry about if am planning to get my wheels in the next 3months+ :D

Nick 95 6sp said:
since you don't know the offsets (nothing personal to you Russ since it seems like quite a few other's also do this ...but I don't get how the hell could anybody spend a couple grand or more on wheels and not even know the offsets?) if we assume it is a "reasonable" Supra fitment, the 245F and 275R should fit no problem even with no fender or wheel well mods. But if the offsets are crazy wrong, you'd be taking a chance even with those tire sizes.

For example, with +45 offsets on my 18" X 9-1/2"F and 10-1/2"R wheels I now have 255/35F and 285/30R and I could fit 265/35 on front next time and I have no fender or wheel well mods and I'm lowered on Tein HA's

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
Mastrrob said:
BTW do you have your fenders rolled??

if not I think the largest you can go with the face2 type GTCs is 265s with out rubbing
that again depends on the offset, if you are talking about the 10 inch rim i think the 'largest' offset was +44 and i think they said you could fit 285s as long as they were 30's and not 35's.

·
Registered
13,572 Posts
Hey Enzo,
Hi bud, fancy meeting you here :) How's that fixer upper coming along? ;) and save your sarcasm for another forum we already have too much here.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Hey! you never know where we'll meet up again maybe HPF's forum in the next month or 2? :D

2more weeks and I won't have a car to stare at every morning ;)

What happened to MMC? did the ISP flunk or something? can't attach large pics over here.

I wanted to post some new pics from BM Vid but MMC was down :( so I had to post it @ 3si
Click, The Good part is they were too kind to host my vid :D

Nick 95 6sp said:
Hey Enzo,
Hi bud, fancy meeting you here :) How's that fixer upper coming along? ;) and save your sarcasm for another forum we already have too much here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts