Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a set of 18"s this week and wondering the optimal offset. Specs:
18x8.5 front
18x9.5 rear

I would like to go with a 30 sidewall rear but with the 35, there is alot more tire choices. I am planning on going 245(will 255 fit?)/40/18 on front and 285/35/18 rear. Do you think the 40/35 sidewall will have an adverse affect?? Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
No offense, dude, but you may want to read a little further down in the forum and answer your own questions. Steve has been beat to death with the same questions over and over again. He has listed sizes, widths, offsets, etc. Searrrrch...

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
"Getting a set of 18"s this week and wondering the optimal offset. "

Hmmm...

·
3,148 Posts
I would first need to know what offsets are available for the wheels your looking at purchasing. If you are going to run an 8.5" wide wheel than a 245/40 is about your only option. You could run a 255/35 if not interested in ultimate lap times and you have the needed offset. On the rear I would stick with a 285/30 or 275/35.

I still wonder why people spend so much money on wheels that are basically the same size as stock. Save up a little more money and get something that will give you a performace gain along with a visual gain. I know you will have to wait a little longer, but it will be worth it.

Later, Steve

·
parting out
83 Posts
Hello,
I want to get a set of 17x11 rims in the rear with 315/35 tires, the offset is 53. The front rims are available in 18x9, 18x9.5, and 18x10 in offsets of 40, 45, 35 and 20. I want to run a 275/35 in the front. Will the rears work and what offset in the front do I need to go with.
Thanks,
namahs

·
4,417 Posts
Steve Jarvis said:
I still wonder why people spend so much money on wheels that are basically the same size as stock. Save up a little more money and get something that will give you a performace gain along with a visual gain. I know you will have to wait a little longer, but it will be worth it.

Later, Steve

Yeah like running a 10.5" rear instead of an 11"??? Muhahahaha....

Just kidding Steve!!! :) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts