Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I own a Supra
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may be the wrong section but if anyone knows what should be put on the supra it is the road racing and autocross section.

I have an 11.5' rim in the rear, I want to put 315/30/18's on the rear and for the front I have 9.5' or 10' rims, I want to know what the most optimal performance set up would be for the fronts on the supra with a 315/30/18 on the rear. Currently I think there is a 245/35/18 on the fronts. I have no intention of rolling the fenders or cutting them.

Thanks in advance

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
if you use 245 in the front, which means you are stretching them out if on 10" width wheels. you should to get them replaced. The size depends on the offset for the wheels and ride height. On most people who run the CCW classic setup, they would run 265 or 275 without fender mod or 285 front with fender trimming/mod in the front.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I have 285/30 X 18 fronts and 315/30 X 18 rears on my CCW LM5's. Because this front tire height is shorter than stock and most importantly the offset is right, there seems to be a lot of clearance ...more clearance than on the rears. I do have my front fenders rolled and rears cut. Keep in mind that as the proportion of width front to back gets smaller, the balance is shifted toward more understeer. stock is 235/255 = 92%; 285/315 = 90.5%

·
Registered
583 Posts
Don't go with anything smaller than 265 on 10 wide, which I'm curretly on for my front. I already don't like the stretch looks of the 265 on 10 wide. Next tires change, I'll definitly go with 275

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Two reasons I would put on the table are maintaining correct tire width for the wheel width, and balance between front width and rear width.

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
What is your reason for the rears being 295/30?

Thank you for the replies so far.
things like:
- sidewall height vs. ride height vs. fenders rolled vs. not rolled
- proportion of width of tires front to rear
- cost of tire
- availability of tires in that size

I have 11.5" rears and have had bad luck running 295/35s with some rubbing issues under hard cornering and suspension load. That's a pretty similar size to a 305/30. I have had no problems with 295/30.

Hope that helps.

·
I own a Supra
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
things like:
- sidewall height vs. ride height vs. fenders rolled vs. not rolled
- proportion of width of tires front to rear
- cost of tire
- availability of tires in that size

I have 11.5" rears and have had bad luck running 295/35s with some rubbing issues under hard cornering and suspension load. That's a pretty similar size to a 305/30. I have had no problems with 295/30.

Hope that helps.
That works... any specific brand you suggest?

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
How's the weather in All Over? What's the coldest temps you drive in? Do you drive in rain? How much power do you have? From your first post it seems you're looking for a performance street tire, is that right?

·
I own a Supra
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How's the weather in All Over? What's the coldest temps you drive in? Do you drive in rain? How much power do you have? From your first post it seems you're looking for a performance street tire, is that right?
The car will be driven in So Cal.... The coldest temps shoot maybe high 50's..... No I don't drive in rain. I have about 500hp to the wheels looking to increase it sooner than later. I am looking for a performance street tire.

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
That works... any specific brand you suggest?
Sorry, haven't driven the Supra (let alone in anger) much in a few years, so the last rears I got I had to pick up in Vegas as I corded the Yokohamas that were on the rear at the time. therefore I have mismatching Yokohama AVS Sports on the front and Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercups on the rear. :lol:

tire rack should have a good selection...

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I really like my Nitto NT05's but in 18" the widest selection is a 295. The new Michelin Pilot Super Sport was very well reviewed here by "onelove" and it's an awesome street tire but in 18" the largest is the 285 which IMO is a bit too narrow for your 11.5 rear. The Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 is one of the best but it also only comes up to 295 width in the 18". I'd have no problem running the NT05 or the AD08 in a 295 on an 11.5 wheel, but you might have a different opinion on that point.

The Kumho Ecsta XS is consistently very highly rated for traction and steering response, not just by people using them on the track but also for spirited street driving. And they do come up to 315 X 18".

If you want a super sticky tire and are willing to compromise tread life, the Toyo R888's are fantastic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts