Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Band on the Run
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a tire/wheel question. I am thinking about buying these wheels RPM R502 in 18x7.5( I think the biggest they come in). The tires that the wheels come with are 225x40x18. Will these wheels clear the brakes of a supra? And aso does anyone know if its possible to get bigger tires with these wheels, because I think 225 is to small for the rear wheels. Also will the tire/wheel combo be flush with the wheel wells because I dont want them to be inside the wells. Thanks for the help!

·
Band on the Run
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the tires are tiny thaats why im asking if its possible to get a bigger tire? or would i need a bigger wheel?

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I'm pretty sure Marc-P meant not just the tire size, but IMO the wheels are tiny too, not just the tires. Sure maybe you can cram a somewhat larger tire than a 225 on a 7-1/2" wheel, but that's just not a wheel size for a Supra. Hell stock wheels are 8"F and 9-1/2"R so if you can't go wider, stay stock until you can.

Secondly, I have no idea if they'd clear the Supra brakes, especially the fronts, but I'd bet they don't. You have to ask the seller or manufacturer if they do, or find somebody who has them. There is no other way to know that even from offsets, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts