Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of buying a 245/50/16 tire for the rear on my stock rims. i know the suggested size is 225/50/16. but can i run 245 on the rear with no problem? or can i go higher to a 255, idk, :dunno: what is the widest i can go for these stock rims.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
What do you want to use the car for?

225 is about the right size for the stock wheels, I know 245 and larger has been done, but there's a lot of bulge.

·
Registered
344 Posts
255/50-16 is the widest "recommended" tire for a 16x7 inch wheel like ours but if you use that, your speedometer will be almost 5% off and you may get rubbing because the overall cicumference is bigger. but if you go to 45 series tires, the widest your supposed to run is 215. so obviously there is quite a buldge with even the stock size of 225/50. ive always thought the 225s look too wide on the sawblades.

if your car is purely drag, then 245s or 255s might be ok, but if you want to turn with any sort of precision i would suggest sticking with the stock size.

·
just walk away....
136 Posts
i ran 245's on the back for a long time before I changed my wheels, I tried them on the stock fronts too, but they rub right before the steering gets to lock........I kinda liked the buldgey look on the stockers....your gonna be running 50 series anyway, it's not like you're going "LOW" low-profile....why not?

lata

1 - 5 of 5 Posts