Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some rubbing issues with my front wheels and was wondering if any of you guys removed the inner fender lining and left it off? I want to roll or cut the front fenders but I'm not sure if I can do it and re-use the inner lining.

Any of you guys have rubbing in the front? what did you do? I'm not rubbing when I turn only when my front suspension compresses a lot.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Hey Chris,

what's your suspension set up? I would just raise the car a little to see if you get better clearance.

You don't want to let it rub through the inner liner because there are harness on both sides. On the passenger side, theres an ABS harness that goes through the fender well. If you rub through the inner lnner, you may rub through the harness too and bye bye ABS..... ask me how i know :1poke: :rolleyes:

-Phu

...PS I have your stickers on the way.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
::MySTiK_[SuPRa]:: said:
Hey Chris,

what's your suspension set up? I would just raise the car a little to see if you get better clearance.

You don't want to let it rub through the inner liner because there are harness on both sides. On the passenger side, theres an ABS harness that goes through the fender well. If you rub through the inner lnner, you may rub through the harness too and bye bye ABS..... ask me how i know :1poke: :rolleyes:

-Phu

...PS I have your stickers on the way.
I'm running TEIN coilovers I'm going to try to raise them up a little this week. It only does it once in a while so I may try to stiffen the suspension up also and see if that helps.

WooHoo on the stickers

I sent you a PM about Ferrari Days

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yep, I did the "rub through the abs wiring" thing myself. Not good. The horn wiring is over the passenger side wheel also (AMHIK). The first thing I did when I had rubbing with 275x40x17s was to raise my coilvers (GAB c/o at the time) as high as they'd go. Didn't help. I changed over to a stiffer spring rate (1000# in front) in front (now on koni coilovers). Didn't help. I added a 300# helper spring (ends up compressing completely and acting as a spacer)to the front c/o. Helped some. Finally, went from 275x40x17s to 285x35x18s in front. Helped substantially. Also, IME rolling the fenders will not address the problem - although it may help in other ways. Running small wheel spacers will not address the problem - although they may help in other ways.

Kent Rafferty
93 gt35r

1 - 4 of 4 Posts