Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
06 Hayabusa LTD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend just picked up a 01 kawasaki ZX6 and we are lookin for new tires. i was wonderin what size tire would fit with no modification. like to go wide. any help is appreciated.
thanks guys.

·
Registered
868 Posts
A wider tire will probably hurt the handling of your bike. Don't know for sure but it is probably a 180/55/17 but check the tire you have now. You can probably get a 190 in there if there is enough clearance with the swingarm but trust me keep the 180, going to a 190 will make it handle like shit.

·
road hazard
452 Posts
yea, if your friend wants to go with a wider tire, the turning will be very slow and sluggish...lazy to throw around if he ride the canyons.

as what michaelrc51 said, the recommended rear tire size for his bike is most likely a 180/55. if he goes wider, he'll sacrifice handling for the fatter look. he should be able to fit a 190/50 if he wants it that bad though.

·
06 Hayabusa LTD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well after reading this he decided to go with a 180 because for the first bike he needs something agile and that will handle good to learn the bike with. thanks for the input.
Wolf

·
The Chimp
371 Posts
97CL3.0 said:
well after reading this he decided to go with a 180 because for the first bike he needs something agile and that will handle good to learn the bike with. thanks for the input.
Wolf

Get diablo corsas or pilot powers

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts