Supra Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
i need horsepower
1,365 Posts
mystik supra: nice wheels man. I see u got 295's on the rear with the 245's in the front. Does it understeer a lot?? i went conservative and got 245's and 275's.

Will: get trhem on man. 235 and 275 arent bad (i would want that diff to be more near 20mm tho, instead of 40.) Did the eibachs lower the car so much that 285's would rub? Im thinking later i will try for bigger sizes since i know for sure now i can go wider.

·
Registered
593 Posts
SupraHKSx said:
My dads friend who works at a tire shop says 245/40 - 285/35 can't be done :rolleyes: I know it could be done if I roll the fenders (to prevent rubbing) but I might have to end up getting 235F - 275R, I have seen 275s but how do 235 look?
William,
yes it can be done, cuz 285 & 245 is what i used, without rolling the fenders.
i had no problems whatsoever. dun worry. dun put 275's on a 10" width rear rim.
You'll be fine. :)

;) :cool:

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I am really liking my choice, Pirelli PZero Nero M&S 8.7/10 out of 576 surveys, cool thread pattern, its Ultra High Performance All-Season, and W speed rated which is good too.'

Hey Chris, post up some pics of your car when it had the wheels :D

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
As for width size of tires,
if you are wider than 275/35 in the rear you would be rubbing if the car sits low. But if your car sits on stock height like most Supras or if you have a widebody you'd be fine going wider than 275. But Will, 275/35 in the rear is just PERFECT for your setup....dont stress it. You wont have balloon tires and that size will give more attention to the wheels rather than the tires. Hey, at least you wont have to roll your fenders.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
::MySTiK_[SuPRa]:: said:
Are they Pirelli's that much? Either they're expensive or your dad's buddy isnt giving you a very good deal.

I just bought BFG KDW-2's for $756 in the sizes that i posted above.

I dont know..... :dunno:
How do you like the BFG KDW-2's? Are they noisy and how do the grip?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
kevganzon said:
As for width size of tires,
if you are wider than 275/35 in the rear you would be rubbing if the car sits low. But if your car sits on stock height like most Supras or if you have a widebody you'd be fine going wider than 275. But Will, 275/35 in the rear is just PERFECT for your setup....dont stress it. You wont have balloon tires and that size will give more attention to the wheels rather than the tires. Hey, at least you wont have to roll your fenders.

I agree. Especially with a +37 offset in the rear 275/35's are perfect. I used to run 275/35 on my old 5-Zigens. Ran that size for about 3yrs on various tires and didnt have a single problem with rubbing or anything.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
kevganzon said:
How do you like the BFG KDW-2's? Are they noisy and how do the grip?

I ran Khumo MX's prior to my new set up and I used to get no traction at all with those. I'm having much better luck with the BFG set up, they grip great. I like them alot and they feel good. As far as noisy? I havent noticed it so i guess it's not that noisy. But my ears may be not as sensitive as others when it comes to road noise. Now that i think of it, I just got a new stereo system installed too so i actually havent driven without music on since i got the car back on the road. I may have to get back to you on this subject. :)

-Phu

21 - 30 of 30 Posts